Product groups are used to distinguish between whether products are physical or whether they are e.g. services or freight that doesn't take up storage space. They also allow you to define VAT rates for the product group.
Product groups can be created in two ways: Manually or via import. Below, we will guide you through how to create a product group manually. If you need help with importing, please go to our Helpdesk article "How to import product groups".
- Select "Inventory" in the top bar
- Click "Item Groups" in the menu
- Click "Create new" in the upper right corner
- Fill in the general information of the product group
- Click "Create new item group" at the bottom to finalize
NB! Products must always be connected to a product group. This means that you must make sure that you have created your product groups before you create/import your products.